On October 12, 2003 03:43 pm, Boudewijn Rempt wrote: > On Sunday 12 October 2003 17:49, Patrick Julien wrote: > > Why? The same code appeared over and over again in plugins, not only, > > but the idea of centralizing in KisPainter doesn't actually prevent you > > from actually what you are talking about... > > Well, a paint tool takes a mask, subsamples it and then asks the painter to > composite the result with the existing layer data. A smear brush takes the > existing data and applies an algorithm to it. And so on; advanced tools use > the existing data and their specific algorithms to achieve a certain > result, which is then composited with the existing data. Yes, again, KisPainter should hold primitives, not the actually complex operations that would require a KisPainter operation to call other members of itself over and over again. > > > > -- but who should get the brush shape, > > > the pattern, the colour? The tool, or the painter. > > > > I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're asking me here. > > Well, I've got what's technically called a pen tool -- non-subsampled, hard > pixel painting. This can be done in various thicknesses, with various > colour, with various brush masks, even. Did you intend for the KisPainter > to get that data from KisView, or for the tool to be notified of changes in > those aspects, and to call KisPainter with brush shape, colour, gradient > etc.? Hmm, isn't this all done using KisToolInterface? I believe that KisView uses it's current tool to reset those values when they change. > > > > Finally -- where do the tools get their icons from? For the life of me, > > > I cannot figure that out... > > > > It's in there, it's when creating a KAction. > > I still cannot find that code -- but I'll look again. No doubt I'll find > it... Grepping for KAction should help you here, also don't forget about the XML GUI stuff. _______________________________________________ kimageshop mailing list kimageshop@mail.kde.org http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kimageshop