List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Re: krita overview
From:       Michael Thaler <michael.thaler () ph ! tum ! de>
Date:       2003-10-13 11:36:15

Hi,

> Well, I did experiment with that, and if you look at the kis_tool_test.cc
> I sent you (I did attach that file, didn't I?), you'll see that I try to
> invalidate only the rect that's painted. When I added that, instead of
> invalidating the whole image, flicker decreased visibly, so I thought
> repainting only part of the canvas was already supported.

Really? If you do a 'grep -R dirty *' on the source you see that is
isn't actually unsed anywhere. But, then, I did not have time to
read carefully the source of KisDoc and KisView.

But on the other hand, invalidate is set correctly by
kpainter. Patrick yesterday said:

> The dirty flag was meant for actual rendering, the valid flag meant
that the
> tile pointed to valid memory, i.e. memory that is still in-core.

But maybe this is not true and validate/invalidate is used for actual
rendering and dirty for swapping the tiles/memory management?

Take care,
Michael
--
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring
will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.