List:       kde-kimageshop
Subject:    Krita UI and tool interaction
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2003-10-12 14:30:12

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

I've tried to make an even better brush today, and I kind of failed because I
didn't know how some things were intended to work after the redesign. I know
most of the painting code should be moved from the tool to the painter (even
though I particularly don't agree with that idea -- makes plugin tools much
more restricted in scope) -- but who should get the brush shape, the pattern,
the colour? The tool, or the painter.

And should either get it from KisView, or was a signal-slot connection between
the resource selection pane and the party responsible for using the resource
intended?

Finally -- where do the tools get their icons from? For the life of me, I
cannot figure that out...

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.valdyas.org/index2.html