List:       kde-kdoc
Subject:    Re: Parser
From:       Guido Kanschat <kanschat () math ! umn ! edu>
Date:       2000-08-17 15:23:33

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, Wolfgang Bangerth wrote:

[...]
> In short, I don't think that rewriting the parser in this way is an
> option, unless you want to start a project within another dimension of
> size and work. But then, I'd rather start helping with something that is
> already worked on...

Since, as Wolfgang stated, kdoc parses nearly everything, and handles
local classes, I completely support this opinion. Writing a partial parser
is a huge project and will probably never work properly. C++ unfortunately
(?) is not FORTRAN.

Regards,
Guido

Dr. Guido Kanschat
School of Mathematics, University of Minnesota
206 Church street SE, Room 331
Minneapolis, MN 55455
kanschat@math.umn.edu