List:       kde-kdoc
Subject:    Tags for the wishlist
From:       Konrad Rosenbaum <htw6966 () htw-dresden ! de>
Date:       1999-10-16 10:05:16

Hi,

what's about some kind of tag mode where you may use the syntax of your
favourite output language I imagine something like a conditional syntax:
--------------------
This is
@ifhtml some text <b>HTML formatted</b>
@iflatex some \LaTeX\ formatted text
@ifother some unformatted text
--------------------
and the most important tags in a mode which is able to translate between
those languages (if this is possible and not too hard to code):
--------------------
@tagmode html
Just some <tt>text</tt> which will be translated properly
--------------------

I think with these features KDoc would be able to any kind of complex
documentation developers would need. I really miss the possibility to
include graphics and enriched text into the documentation for my modules.
And it would enable me to include external documents (containing overviews
and drafts (an @include tag would also be nice for html)).

	may the source be with you,
	Konrad

--