List:       kde-kdoc
Subject:    Re: Development of kdoc cancelled?
From:       Sirtaj Singh Kang <ssk () physics ! unimelb ! edu ! au>
Date:       1999-09-29 12:39:17

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Rainer Dorsch wrote:

> I think the main problem is that Sirtaj S. Kang has only a limited time slot
> for kdoc. But I guess help (in form of patches and maybe some discussion
> before implementing them) is always welcome.

Over the last year I have left the university and taken up various
contracting jobs and various big changes in my personal life have
occurred.  Every time I sit down and say "NOW I have time to write free
software"  (my goal in life is to make enough money to have time to write
free software; whose isn't?) but I end up having barely enough time to
reply to all kdoc related email alone (and I apologize a LOT for that!),
but until I can sort my life out I cannot promise any serious committed
long term development like kdoc used to enjoy. It's a pity because I
really enjoy kdoc and it is still to date my largest single-program perl
project.

So no, kdoc will not die, I'll still apply patches when I can and write
new code when I get a moment, but I've asked for help with various things
like writing documentation many times in the past and have received no
volunteers, so I cannot say when that stuff will get done, sorry.

I still have a fairly large outstanding list of patches, which I have to
check and apply as soon as I can, but kdoc 2.0 is still a little while
away.

-Taj.

PS. Unless someone wants to pay me ;-)

Sirtaj S. Kang       taj@kde.org         ssk@physics.unimelb.edu.au
Univ of Melbourne	The "gui" in "Penguin" is pronounced "K-D-E"