List:       kde-kdoc
Subject:    Re: Things lost on the way from 1.0 to 2.0
From:       Sirtaj Singh Kang <ssk () physics ! unimelb ! edu ! au>
Date:       1999-04-10 12:11:08

On Sat, 10 Apr 1999, Marcin Kasperski wrote:

> I found two important changes in kdoc 2.0 which spoiled sth..
>
> 1) (I guess a bug) kdoc does no longer create HTML'ized header files
> (myfile-hxx.html) - although links to them are still generated. What's
> going on? This feature was really useful...

I'm still figuring out what to do with this link. Should I link it
directly to the HTMLized header, or to a page with links to all nodes
defined in that header (ie global functions, classes, vars, types etc,
just like the "Globals" page but with classes). This will be very handy
for C programmers.

Of course, I could just do both. These features are so easy to implement
that I spend a lot of time doing this stuff instead of fixing the parser.

> I do not stick with this method but some way of expressing lists would
> be very useful (it can be @ul, @li, ... if it is easier for some
> reason).

Try the @li tag, it works like @return etc (ie text must be followed by a
blank line or another tag). You don't need to explicitly begin or end the
list, it just lumps consecutive @li tags into one list.

-Taj.

Sirtaj S. Kang       taj@kde.org         ssk@physics.unimelb.edu.au
School of Physics    Univ of Melbourne   Less hype. More code. KDE.