List:       kde-kdoc
Subject:    kdoc II
From:       Sirtaj Singh Kang <ssk () physics ! unimelb ! edu ! au>
Date:       1999-03-04 17:33:17

Hi folks,

A very alpha version of kdoc II is in the kdoc/ repository of the KDE cvs.
Look at it only for instructional purposes (to see what it looks like ;),
I'm still working pretty hard on it.

For an example of the HTML C++ output please see the KDE API docs at

http://www.ph.unimelb.edu.au/~ssk/kde/devel/#srcdoc

I will write a simple design doc shortly so that anyone who wants to help
can find their way around the code. Basically it's an extension of the Ast
system that was used in kdoc I, but I have learned a lot of perl since
then. Also the parser is similar in spirit but more robust (ie whitespace
and comments don't confuse it) and it parses source code as well headers.

The deal is that there are 101 half done features that all need a few
lines of code each to complete. But 101 is quite a large number. :)

-Taj.

Sirtaj S. Kang       taj@kde.org         ssk@physics.unimelb.edu.au
School of Physics    Univ of Melbourne   KDE: The Desktop sans Toga