List:       kdevelop
Subject:    ANNOUNCE: KDevelop 1.1final released
From:       Sandy Meier <smeier () kdevelop ! de>
Date:       2000-02-27 20:09:26

Hi!

We are proud to announce the 1.1final version of KDevelop
(http://www.kdevelop.org) . This version contains several new features  and many
bugfixes. It is intended to be the last release for KDE 1.1.2. We want to
concentrate our effort now for KDevelop 2.x (which will work on KDE 2.x).

Summary of changes (between 1.0final and 1.1final):

- 7 new application templates
                - KDE1 OpenGL
                - KDE2 SDI,KDE2 mini,KDE2 MDI
                - QT2 SDI, QT2 MDI/QWorkspace, QT2 MDI/QextMDI
- complete integrated internal debugger
- extended documentation, inclusive a KScribble tutorial and example code
- improved editor: visible bookmarks, comment/uncomment code in editor
   window,support for multibyte character
- improved other components: dlgeditor, classviewer
- Htdig search engine support
- translations (online help, manual) into many languages
- better OS support: KDevelop is now available for Linux, NetBSD, FreeBSD, Solaris and Unixware.

Please see http://www.kdevelop.org for further information (requirements and
download addresses) and
http://fara.cs.uni-potsdam.de/~smeier/www/pressrelease1.1.txt for the official
press release.