List:       kdevelop
Subject:    KDoc patch - Objective-C support added to document extraction tool
From:       Richard Dale <Richard_Dale () tipitina ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       1999-10-27 3:47:59

I've added Objective-C support to the KDOC utility. It allows javadoc style doc
comments to be added to C++/Objective-C header files, and extracts them. I've
changed the @ref and @see directives to support Objective-C references of the
form '@see +[Array count]' or '@ref #-init:ForCoder:'.  Other than that,
everything is the same as for C++.

I've added an example Objective-C header to to kdedoc/doc subdirectory called
'objcexample.h'.

KDoc can be found on the KDevelop site http://www.kdevelop.org/ under the
'Tools & Doc' section (the patch for KDevelop Objective-C support is under the
'Plugins & Patches' section).

Please find attached the patch 'kdocobjc.patch.gz'

gunzip  kdocobjc.patch.gz

Copy kdocobjc.patch to the directory above the KDoc sources

$ cd <KDoc source directory>
$ patch -p1 < ../kdocobjc.patch
$ ./configure
$ make
$ make install

To try it out, put a bunch of Objective-C headers in a temporary directory and
type 'kdoc *.h'. Then have a look at the HTML it produces.

To use it from within KDevelop you just select the Project->Make API-Doc menu
option.

Regards
-- Richard

["kdedocobjc.patch.gz" (application/x-gzip)]