List:       kde-kant
Subject:    AW: [Kde-kant] interface patch
From:       "Joseph Wenninger" <jowenn () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       2001-06-27 12:16:39

Hi

>Jo,
>the patch just enriches the interface, it doesn actually change the
>existing interface. So it should be BC. Nevertheless, it does not touch
>any part of KTextEditor, just Kate::View and Kate::Document which are
>new since cullmann introduced them a month ago.
>
>Btw. where is cullmann?
>Roland

I've to admit I didn't look that carefull at it, if it really doesn't change
KTextEditor:??? things, I think there should be no problem, since this is
the first official release than. (New virtual methods are not BC, if I
remember correctly). I think it would be nice to see this patch in kde 2.2
(although feature freeze, cause I see the patch merely as an important
bugfix for a (new) interface), but I'd like to hear Cullmann's opinion about
it. It seems he is on holiday or something like that after he passed the
"Abi", but he should be back till LinuxTag, if I read KDE-booth list
correctly. There will still be enough time till 2.2 deep freeze then)

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger