List:       kde-kant
Subject:    [Kde-kant] Info concerning some highlighting changes
From:       Joseph Wenninger <jowenn () bigfoot ! com>
Date:       2001-03-13 21:33:28

Hi

I just wanted to say, that I'm working for some time on the kant-kwrite
(fork) concerning highlighting. I want to implement regular expressions and a
way to define everything in the syntax.xml file, not creating new classes,
for each new highlight (as it is down now).
 I just commited a few changes. C/C++/HTML should now work nearly complete in
my (extended) implementation, the others shouldn't crash, but don't work at
the moment..
The idea is to let the user create her/his own highlighting profile on the
fly (in the future), that's why I struggle to add everything into the
syntax.xml file.

Some earlier tests are commented out in kdebase/kant/kwrite. My first enabled
tests are now in kdebase/kant/document (kanthighlight.* kantsyntaxdocument.*)

Joseph Wenninger