List:       kde-kant
Subject:    Re: Highlighting in the 3.1 release
From:       Joseph Wenninger <jowenn () jowenn ! at>
Date:       2002-08-14 6:24:04

Hi

> How important exactly is the kateversion="..." keyword in the <language>
> tag? (I guess version=".." is for programmers). I forgot about these in my
> scheme.xml and could resend it, if it matters....

The kate version isn't that imporant. We introduced it with KDE 3.0, but there
hasn't been an incompatible addition/change since than. The version itself is
used for the download utility

> > possible compare the results of the unported with the ported version.
>
> As I wrote above, could all others on this list please do the testing?!

If you can't test a file, than just port it. I'm sure we will find someone
complaining, if it doesn't work ;)  or testers on the various lists

> Esp. a casual bash programmer or the creator of the bash.xml file could
> answer these :
> - The contexts "String" and "Parameter" are unused, they won't be entered.
>  bash strings are handled by a RangeDetect, but multilinestring don't work.
> - According to the bash man page, the "\#" is "the command number of this
> command". Is this really what was intended to be highlighted ? :

Could be

> <Detect2Chars attribute="Normal Text" context="Parameter" char = "\" char1
> = "#"/>
> (I guess this should recognize multiline commands/strings, but it does not
> here...)

Please do so

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger