List:       kde-kant
Subject:    Re: Coding example: A little Hello World plugin ;)
From:       Anders Lund <anders () alweb ! dk>
Date:       2002-06-19 18:42:25

On Wednesday 19 June 2002 19:03, Andreas Wuest wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in the plugin tutorial  (http://www.kde.org/kate/doc/pluginhowto.html)
> there is a nasty bug in the tutorial that prevents the plugin
> menu entrie from being displayed, since html interprets the
> &amp; character string.
> THe problem is a wrong ui.rc file you show on the page
>
> <Menu name="edit"><Text>&Edit</Text>
>
> correct is
>
> <Menu name="edit"><Text>&amp;Edit</Text>

Someone forgot to webizize that:)
"&amp;" -> "&amp;mp;"

> is there or will there be a kdevelop template for writing kate
> plugins ? where can i get more information on writing kate plugins ?
> is there a mailing list or something like that ?

Try kdeaddons/kate/ sources:-)

I plan to add a brief intro to the manual, but it will be brief. And we are
aware of the documentation lack in ktexteditor and kdebase/kate/interfaces as
well...

What about a kate template (yet to be developed)... kdevelop is for sissys
only:-]]

A nice way is importing the hello world plugin source with kapptemplate.

-anders