List:       kde-kant
Subject:    Re: Kate part license
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2002-01-12 18:44:42

Am Thursday 10 January 2002 22:46 schrieb Christoph Cullmann:
> Hi,
> The original version of old KWrite was licensed under the lgpl, but our
> code additions were under the gpl (mostly just because it is used in the
> headers ;). Are there any problems for somebody to change the license back
> to lgpl or is there somebody who has problems with this change ? If yes,
> just send a mail. Will at the moment only change the files copyright I have
> worked on back to gpl.
I have taken a look into the old kwrite part sources and found out that each
file was under the lgpl version 2 before we modified them, have changed now
all files of the part back to lgpl version 2 (no other) as jowenn had no
probs with that and me neither ;) I have changed the copyright headers to the
same style as in the rest of kdelibs (the same style as other parts of
kdelibs which uses VERSION 2 of lgpl) and added copyright notes for everybody
which worked on the file to it (I hope I don't missed somebody, oriented me
on the headers of old kwrite part and just added the people mentioned there,
if yes, feel free to add you yourself to the header).

cu
Christoph