List:       kde-kant
Subject:    Kate Part: Request for bugfixes ;)
From:       Christoph Cullmann <cullmann () babylon2k ! de>
Date:       2002-01-08 21:30:04

Hi,
just looked at the buglist of kate and think it would be nice to get rid of
some of the most "ugly" bugs before 3.0 but think won't get much time to get
them all alone ;) (perhaps would get noone really)

Nasty bugs:
- scrollbar not updating if lines are too long, only at first edit of the line
- static word wrap is just trash (and on typing not working, only apply word
  wrap wraps the whole text :(
- dynamic word wrap should be added, but the person who wanted to contribute
  some code seems to have "suddenly be away" (what I can understand as smari
  has many other projects to work on)
- support for arabic (bidi) languages to at least let them type something
  without getting just trash on their screen (have no idea how, have no arabic
  fonts and no idea how it should look and how to implement)
- (other bugs on bugs.kde.org)

Any help is highly welcome ;) The base of the kate part works now stable (at
least it should ;), no we need to get this more "highlevel" thingies working.
If somebody is interested but is a bit confused after the first look at the
kate part code (kdelibs/kate/*), please just send me a mail with your
questions or/and drop the mail to one of the kate (kde-kant, kwrite-devel)

cu
Christoph