List:       kde-kant
Subject:    [Kde-kant] Mason highlighting
From:       David Hugh-Jones <davidhj () managebid ! com>
Date:       2001-11-30 16:47:54

Hi

I am thinking of writing a highlighting file for Mason (which is basically
Perl embedded in HTML). My only thought is that this will essentially be a
lot of duplication. Are you guys planning a way to switch highlighting modes
within a document, and to embed a switch within the XML, a la

<StringDetect String="&lt;%perl&gt;" context="55" />
[context 55]
<context mode="perl" name="Embedded_perl">

<StringDetect String="&lt;/%perl&gt;" context="#pop" />
</context>

I think it would be cool, if it doesn't cause awkward problems.
I'll try and write the Mason anyway.

david hj