List:       kde-kafka
Subject:    kafka & resizing tables
From:       Emmanuel Touzery <emmanuel.touzery () wanadoo ! fr>
Date:       2001-05-06 13:36:52

Hello,

	i'm working on table resize right now.. it's going well (i resize the whole
table + show the right cursor on mousemove ontop of a table --sizeVer and
sizehHor), but i have a problem associating a COLGROUP with a table (that
allows to set size of columns). i asked on kfm-devel (for the khtml
developers), but i have no answer. in the midtime i'm stuck :o(
	maybe some of you know about that?

	and while i'm at it: the w3c seems not to like the idea of vertically
setting the size of a table (TABLE HEIGHT=)/cells (TR HEIGHT=) (it's
deprecated in HTML4). so i guess we don't want to support it?

PS: i do resize in % of the size of the view, which i think is the good way.
-----------
	just a khtml dom question: if i have a table in an html document, without a
colgroup element (the most simple possible table: <tr><td> etc), and if i do

DOM::HTMLTableColElement col;
col.setSpan(1);

and either:
table.appendChild(col); //the table being obtained from the dom tree of my
document

or

static_cast<DOM::HTMLTableElement>(table).appendChild(col);

i get a DOM exception 8. However, if i just type:
DOM::HTMLTableElement dummy; // not a table from my document
dummy.appendChild(col);

it works! what do i do wrong?

thank you for the great work on khtml and the rest....

emmanuel.

PS: note that dom exception 8 is not documented as possible with a
appendChild(). bug?