List:       kde-kafka
Subject:    Re: why do we use kapp->quit()??
From:       Emmanuel Touzery <emmanuel.touzery () may ! ie>
Date:       2001-03-23 7:10:51

On Friday 23 March 2001 07:01, Nikolas Zimmermann wrote:
> > hmmm.. now i'm confused. came back to 2_1_BRANCH. I still have the same
> > segfaults. when i close the window or when i edit an html file, type a
> > carriage return and then type a character (i could trace back that one to
> > kafka doing an appendChild() on a Node of type 1 --ELEMENT_NODE, and then
> > khtml throws and exception of type 8 --UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION IIRC).
>
> hmm you can only add text to a TEXT_NODE not to an ELEMENT_NODE
> this isn't working perfectly, yet, that's right

ok then, add if(currentNode.nodeType() == DOM::Node::TEXT_NODE) line 142 in
kafka/library/kafkahtmlpart.cpp (strategically before the
currentnode.appendChild() ;o) ).

> > and for me
> > /home/emmanuel/kde-cvs/kdenonbeta/kafka/kafka/widgets/buttonlistview/Make
> >fi le.am is still empty and the changes i was talking about the other day
> > are still not done.
>
> aaaahhh geee
> i forgot that, sorry!

no pb...

i removed all of my kde libs (ldd kafka told me he couldn't find anything
kde-related), redid make install on kde2.1.1 cvs and still crash on
file->close (and loads and loads of others)..

emmanuel
--
Better give your hours some more life
than your life some more hours.