List:       kde-kafka
Subject:    KafkaApplication class
From:       Nikolas Zimmermann <wildfox () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-01-18 13:59:10

Hi there,

i just made it possible for the plugins accesing kafka's base classes

you know the
kapp()->config() thing, right ?

Same to use with kafka now...
in a plugin:

kafkaapp()->main()->.....

returns you a pointer to the "KafkaMain" class

KafkaMain == KafkaApp <- just a rename don't worry

The good thing is ....if we experience _any_ problems with
the plugin loading system we just can change it's behaviour:

Current Plugin System:

1. Launch Kafka
2. Init KafkaView
3. Plugins are automatically loaded by KParts::MainWindow && KafkaEditPart
4. Plugin list is requested by KafkaObjectMgr
5. KafkaObjectMgr iterates the Plugin List
6. It adds a pointer to the plugin into a QList
7. Kafka's ready

If we have many (read > 20) plugins i ____GUESS____
the timing with the loading _could_ go wrong
if that really ist

I'll rewrite the Plugin system like that:

1. Launch Kafka
2. Init KafkaView
3. Plugins are automatically loaded by KParts::MainWindow && KafkaEditPart
4. Every plugins registers itself via
    kafkaapp()->main()->registerPlugin(KafkaApp::DOMPlugin, "img");  <- ie
    This function automatically adds a pointer to the plugin into a QList
5. Kafka's ready

The advandtage is:
 - The timing could never go wrong
 - No need of the class KafkaPluginLoader anymore

So if there will be any problem i'll just need to change that :)

Bye
 Bye
  Niko

--