List:       kde-kafka
Subject:    Re: history - lets talk about the past
From:       Thomas Zander <Thomas () planescape ! com>
Date:       2001-01-14 3:31:44

> > But while I certainly don't disagree on the merrits of the history
> > action, you might want to take a more low-level approuch, to enable a
> > plugin writer to create a history plugin by building hooks that can be
> > used by all plugins.
>
> what exactly do you mean by a low-level approach? where do you see the
> limitations?

What I wanted to ask you is how flexible the plugin system is, can I write a
plugin that does the history applet. Or are there public methods needed for
the plugin to call if it wants to find out about things like a
insert-picture-action.
If the methods are not there, I was thinking you might want to firsts supply
these methods and then write the applet. Meaning the history would also be a
plugin.

And a plugin can be replaced at a later stage, so someone can write a very
fancy history plugin at a later date without knowing to much about the
internals of kafka.

It might be off-course that I am worrying without cause...

--
Thomas