List:       kde-kafka
Subject:    Current Status
From:       Jonathan Bacon <f9808590 () wlv ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2000-12-19 14:43:31

Hello all,

As we move into the christmas break, I thought I would just mention a
few things that people should be aware of.

 - I will be busy this week finishing off University work, so will not
be able to work on Kafka this week. Next week I should have time to
work on Kafka some more, and I will get back from christmas break on
the 9th January for 1 week  and then have a month off with no work to
do, so some serious Kafka work will kick in.

 - Stephen Heigl just sent me an email saying he will not be working on
Kafka over the next few weeks. He will however be keeping up with email.

 - Currently, the back end to Kafka is incomplete, but is proceeding
nicely. The current code is the first hack, and once we have the
functionality in place, we will tidy the code up and optimise it.

 - Stephen commited some back-end code work the other day, but I have
not had time to take a look at it.

So the moral of the story is that this week there won't be much coding
going on, but next week I should be able to do some work, then in two
weeks Stephen can and after the 9th January I should be able to work
for a month without as many commitments with University.

	Jono