List:       kde-kafka
Subject:    Re: highlighting
From:       Alexandertje <a.kellett () lancaster ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2000-12-04 15:27:46

On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 10:35:33AM +0100, Thomas wrote:
> But you can't save the files. So how do you expect it to be usefull. I make a annotation
> and as soon as I click another page or close the file these annotations are gone.

Which was the reason behind waiting for any possible meta-data implementation ideas.
With the availability of meta-data, local files could quite easily be annotated and
remote/ro file information could be stored in a private metadata database by konqueror.

Only problem is, that currently there are no crossplatform metadata systems.

> The point I am making is that the annotations you want is an edit action, and
> you should be very carefull to mix change mode with view mode.

I don't really consider them an change mode but rather a view mode, with powerful
annotation features. Imagine being able to highlight sections of webpages that you
felt were interesting, if you can do it on paper then why not on the computer?, I
personally think that these sort of features is what will make an interface helpful
rather than just being an hinderance (windows is IMHO a hinderance)

cheers,
Alex

--
Eidetica                                           kelletta@eidetica.com
Kruislaan 400                               tel +31 20 888 4090 fax 4001