List:       kde-kafka
Subject:    Unknown Methods [WAS: Re: Writing the selection code]
From:       Jono Bacon <f9808590 () wlv ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2000-11-27 18:54:37

On Friday 24 November 2000 19:12, Stephan Heigl wrote:
> doesn anyone no what
> 	Node::getCursor(long offset,int &x.int &y, int &height)
> is?
> Does it return the position of a cursor-like line ( | ) with the position
> of the current node and the height of this object/node?

Not sure. It may be a method to get the position of the cursor and return the
position of the DOM tree or something. Not sure though.

> and what is Node::offset good for? i did serveral test with different
> doc-structures but it stayed at value 0.

Got no idea on that one. I initially thought the offset was some node
traversal function or somthing.

There is a lot of code in the old code that I am not sure about, but as I
read it more I kind of get to grips with it more. It seems there is a couple
of intermingled implementations there - an example would be in the mouse
detection of the QScrollView; the viewport mouse events are reimplemented
like it says in the docs, but there is nothing within the reimplemented
methods, and there are mouse hooks methods elsewhere. Not sure. :-\

	Jono

--
Jono Bacon - [vmlinuz] - jono@kde.org
KDE/Qt Developer - Kafka Maintainer