List:       kde-kafka
Subject:    Finalising some of the design ideas
From:       Jono Bacon <f9808590 () wlv ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2000-11-02 4:30:26

Hello all,

I have taken a look through the IRC log for the meeting, and the meeting
discussed pretty much the right ideas that I wanted to discuss, and the meeting
seemed to finalise some ideas in a good way.

I think now is the time that we can begin to start finalising some of the core
ideas we have (e.g - DOM processing). I propose the way we do this is to create
a series of RFC documents on the major ideas and place them on the website.
These documents will contain a detailed description of each idea and how it
works, and can of course be open to public scrutiny instead of someone trawling
through kde-kafka to the latest info.

Another benifit of a structured RFC is that we can give it to some of the KHTML
guys to see if their viewpoint on some of the ideas matches our own, or whether
improvements can be made.

I will begin writing our first RFC which is about how we will process the extra
tags tomorrow. I cannot guerantee that it will be completed tomorrow due to the
amount of information that needs to be in the document. When I have completed
it, I will post it to the site and mention it on the mailing list for
ammendments to be made. when we are all happy with it, we can make a post on
dot.kde.org or something so that other developers can comment on it.

	Jono