List:       kde-kafka
Subject:    Re: Open Issues
From:       Jono Bacon <f9808590 () wlv ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2000-10-28 19:29:45

On Saturday 28 October 2000 09:05, you wrote:

> > > If quanta would like to use it, I guess it could include the
> > > kafka-shared library..
> >
> > I understand it is code *we* will write, but what I am interested in
> > knowing is how we will write it. ;-)
>
> That is implementation specific, right now I can do no more then speculate
> about this, at the moment I can talk about it in a clearer light that
> moment I can also just simply do it.
>
> Point I want to make here is that discussing design should be kept quite
> global, getting more specific is just a waste of time. If you ask me how I
> would do something the only viable answer would be "read the code I just
> created", but alas, to busy to code (on Kafka) at the moment.

I agree that we do not want to get bogged down in detail. That would be a bad
thing to do, but it also makes sense to get a general overview of how
everything fits together.

It does seem like we are heading in the right direction though. :-)

	Jono

--
Jono Bacon - jono@kde.org
KDE/Qt Developer - Founder of Linux UK