List:       kde-java
Subject:    RE: [Kde-java] Javalib on Windows
From:       Richard Dale <Richard_Dale () tipitina ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       2001-08-23 0:54:32

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Eddie Chan wrote:
> > > 2. When I run the ScribbleWindow program I get an
> > > assertion:
> > > ASSERT: "src_dc && dst_dc" in C:\Home\andy\qt\2.3\src\
> > > kernel\qpaintdevice_win.cpp (311)
> > > I have no ideas what this problem is about since I don't
> > > have the source code for qpaintdevice_win.cpp.
> > Eddie Chan has done the PC port - he hasn't had this problem I'll
> > cc this mail
> > to him - perhaps you've built it with a different compiler.
>
> I also get this, looks like its in the Qt dll, so should be reported to
> Trolltech
No - this is a definately Qt java bug, not a Trolltech one. When does it occur?

> Once the QtJava is stable and we have demo, unit-tests and docs then we will
> make announcement on varies web sites (Slashdot, Javalobby, Freshmeat etc)
> and
> then we can ask to see if they will Trollech & Sun to support us
Hmm, I can't see Sun being too keen on potential Swing replacements.
And Trolltech are only just launching their Qt AWT library - Qt Java might
muddle their marketing for that. I expect they would want to be seen as java
good guys, not renegades out to get Sun. So best to keep quiet, and just fix
bugs for now...

-- Richard