List:       kde-java
Subject:    Re: [Kde-java] IOSlaves in Java
From:       Gert-Jan van der Heiden <g.j.vanderheiden () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2002-07-10 21:48:36

No I'm sorry, but thats not what I ment. I haven't used signals and slots in
Java.

I'll try to explain what I do wan't (maybe not interesting for you George...)

I'm trying to make a DCOP object available under Java . (A DCOPObject that
RECEIVES messages, instead of sending them).

I'm looking in the source code of kdejava, dcop and the sceletons generated by
dcopidl2c++. The skeletons aren't that complicated, and can be written in
Java.

So far I kan register that DCOPObject, but I can't get any operations in it.
KDCOP is showing my DCOPObject, without  the one "myOperation()" in it.
This is achieved without adaptions to kdejava.

I think the problem that it doesn't show "myOperation()" has something to do
with the Bridgeclass koala.jar is using. DCOPObject uses virtual functions,
which aren't redeclared in the bridge object, so my Java code is not called.
This Java code tells which operations my DCOP object has.

I think it is possible to make a DCOPObject which some small modifications /
additions to kdejava. I think it is also possible to make DCOPObjects in
Java, without compiling any other C++ code dan kdejava itself!

DCOPObject needs to implement a few operations:

process()
interfaces()
functions()

process should call the right operation, interfaces and functions return a
list with names(interfaces and operations that is)

Gert-Jan