On Wednesday 25 August 2004 04:14, Jean-Michel FAYARD wrote: > Hello to all, > one thing that has not yet been discussed (at least I think so) is how > things will not break together. Digikam, kimdaba, gwenview, showimg et > al. will have different release time, and at some point in the future > will likely expect different incompatible version of libkipi > > This document from Havoc Pannington of RedHat fame explain a way to > allow easily downstream packagers to do parallel installation of > libraries. If you don't know it yet, it's worth a read. > > http://ometer.com/parallel.html Nice document. Nevertheless step 1 should be to make sure that binary compatibility is broken only when really necessary. Do and don't to keep binary compatibility in C++ and KDE are at: http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/kdeqt/kde3arch/devel-binarycompatibility.html Achim > > Cheers -- To me vi is Zen. To use vi is to practice zen. Every command is a koan. Profound to the user, unintelligible to the uninitiated. You discover truth everytime you use it. -- reddy@lion.austin.ibm.com _______________________________________________ Kde-imaging mailing list Kde-imaging@kde.org https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-imaging