List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Any one working on Telugu language (te)?
From:       Thomas Diehl <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-09-02 19:01:38

Am Sonntag, 2. September 2001 18:49 schrieb Sailendra:

>        I am new to this list and have a query. Is any one
> working on localizing KDE in Telugu language (te)? Please
> let me know...
> thanks,
> Sailendra Pamidi.
> (pamidi_Sailendra@yahoo.com)

Quite a few people already showed up here with the same or a similar
question (see CC). Problem is that support for Indic languages won't be
there before Qt 3.1 at the earliest. Now we are apporaching 3.0 (due out
this month).

See attached msg by Lars Knoll for an explanation. After that (or if
anybody finds a workaround before) we sure hope to get Telugu and other
Indian languages into KDE.

Regards,

Thomas