List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KDE_2_1_BRANCH: kdeadmin/kdat
From:       Lauri Watts <lauri () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-28 10:52:50

On Friday 24 August 2001 18:36, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Friday 24 August 2001 08:17 am, Lawrence E. Widman wrote:
> > Waldo,
> >
> > I figured out the compilation question I asked about: I found
> > a mail archive that referenced "make -f Makefile.CVS; configure".
> >
> > I've downloaded the CVS source and compiled kdat, and it works.
> > Now I can work on some more loose ends in preparation for
> > bringing the project fully back to life.
> >
> > New questions (please redirect these if you are not a good
> > person to ask):
> >
> > 1) The documentation keeps getting lost.  In KDE 2.1, it was in
> >    kdeadmin/doc/kdat.  In the tree I download now, there is a
> >    kdeadmin/kdat/doc directory, so I moved the documentation
> >    from the first place to the second place.  There are two
> >    groups of files: one group consists of a single file,
> >    kdeadmin/kdat/doc/index.docbook; the second group consists
> >    of 13 html files in kdeadmin/kdat/doc/HTML/.  Yesterday, I
> >    checked these 14 files and one subdirectory into
> >    kdeadmin/kdat/doc.  Today, all but the 13 html files are
> >    in kdeadmin/doc/kdat and nothing is in kdeadmin/kdat/doc.
> >    Do you know what I should do to restore the documentation?
>
> No idea, let's ask on kde-i18n-doc.

The documentation should be in kdeadmin/doc/kdat.  There should *not* be any
HTML files for KDE documentation anywhere in CVS.

I removed the kdeadmin/kdat/doc directory, and restored the last version of
the index.docbook file that had been in kdeadmin/doc/kdat.  The only
documentation should be this index.docbook file, and any future screenshots
that are added (and they should be made as .png's, and stored in this same
place, kdeadmin/doc/kdat.)

Regards,

--
Lauri Watts