List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KOffice 1.1.1 translations (Re: "KIllustrator" name deprecated (Re: bug #31301))
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-29 6:49:54

On Tuesday 28 August 2001 03:57 am, Erik K. Pedersen wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 August 2001 05:38 am, David Faure wrote:
> > > Problem is if we decide against a 2.2.2 release and officially "close"
> > > the KDE_2_2_BRANCH (as Coolo and Hans Petter suggested for the switch
> > > to the 3-letter codes in kde-i18n) what would happen to the KOffice
> > > PO(T) files?
> >
> > Closing doesn't mean removing, so we could still use the branch for
> > koffice-1.1.1, no ? I'm not too sure what is meant by closing here....
>
> Once we are done with 2.2.1 I intend to move my po-files into head (if
> there is no 2.2.2), and take it from there. That is what closing means from
> my point of view. That could be done in two stages, first outside koffice,
> then in koffice, but it would obviously be more convenient to do it in one
> stage.

The 2.2 branch needs to remain because we need to be able release KDE 2.2.2
at any point in time when the need for that arise. The 2.2 branch is also
used by distributions to build their packages from in order to get the latest
fixes. Removing anything from it is absolutely unacceptable.

You can of course choose to stop working with it.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
KDE 2.2: We deliver.