List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KDE 2.2.2 ? (Was:Re: branches again -> doc branch)
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-08-27 18:41:06

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001 10:45:25 -0700, Waldo Bastian wrote:

>On Monday 27 August 2001 04:14 am, Thomas Diehl wrote:
>> > I do not understand here... when we plan to switch to 3 letter? Not in
>> > KDE 2.2.1, so we can keep 2 letters for 2.2.2 too.
>>
>> The plan was to do so after the 2_2_BRANCH was closed.
>>
>> > I think 2.2.2 is more about kde-i18n-doc than kde-core-devel, if we, the
>> > translators, decide we need a 2.2.2 release because we have many work
>> > done (docs, accelerator clash solved, typos fixed, etc) we must release
>> > this.
>>
>> And you will be the one to tell developers (or the guy in charge for a
>> release) what he "must" do? I won't.
>
>I don't have a problem with a 2.2.2 release somewhat down the road.

I don't have a real problem either. I just think _IF_ we could get out
a 3.0 around January it wouldn't make much sense for translators or
anybody else to spend much energy on a 2.2.2 release which hardly
a distro may include or many users may care about (depending on the
timing of 3.0).

This is a big "if" since nobody knows for sure how the move from qt2 to
qt3 will go. Therefore, I think the discussion on a possible 2.2.2 will
make more sense as soon as we have a realistic timeframe for 3.0.

Regards,

Thomas

---
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org/