List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    NonWestern characters in new KDE 2_2
From:       Vasif Ismailoglu MD <azerb_linux () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-08-24 14:47:11

Hello.
  I'v installed new KDE 2_2 today and was shokked when
wanted to open a simple text file with kwrite. There
were only the boxes.
  I'v tested it with kate. Result was the same.
   But Kbabel was correct with displaying chars.
(Sorry. I'v not updated Kbabel to 0.9. Cause new
KBabel have not translation database)
  But there real shock was when I tried to write
something. I'm using 104 key keyboard with TrQ layout.
And secondary layout I've conigured is Azerbaijani
latin. Huh. I was unable to write such non western
charackters as idotless, scedil and gbreve.
   Whith this problems we are not able to translate
anything. Kbabel is losing his role in translations.
We are unable to write something. Until this release I
was using I was using KDE 2_1 with great plesure. The
only problem was when typing "schwa". I was getting
"aelig" in Az layout. Then I was replacing all of them
into real "Schwa".
  While using beta version of KDE 2_2 there was only
sistematic Konqueror crashes. But Editors were intact
and corresct. It was surprise to me.
  Who can help with this problem, friends?
  Sincerely

=====
Vasif İsmayıloğlu MD            Resident in Urology

 School of Medicine of Cerrahpasa    azerb_linux@yahoo.com
     University of Istanbul             www.vasif.cjb.net
      Department of Urology