List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: meinproc
From:       Bernhard Rosenkraenzer <bero () redhat ! de>
Date:       2001-08-15 6:39:47

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Erik K. Pedersen wrote:

> The meinproc that comes with bero's rpms for redhat does not seem to work.

Works for me, except on some very broken files.

> have had it working well for a while thorugh my own compilation. Can anybody
> guess what it could be? libxml2 or something like that.

The only difference between my version and the official one is that I've
removed the internal libxslt - it's not 64 bit clean (if you run it on a
big-endian 64 bit box, such as ia64 or zSeries, it'll use up all memory),
and am linking against libxslt 1.0.1 instead. This is also recommended by
the libxslt maintainer.

> meinproc index.docbook gives me
> unable to parse index.docbook.

On what file?

Chances are the file is broken and earlier libxslt versions simply ignored
a brokenness in xsl files. For example, I've commonly seen stuff like

<something
>blah</something>

(note the linebreak after something) - this is not valid xml.

LLaP
bero