List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Translators wishlist items (Was: UTF-8 again)
From:       Eleknader <eleknader () phnet ! fi>
Date:       2000-01-01 9:40:22

Stephan Kulow wrote:

> On Tuesday, 7. August 2001 00:16, Pedro Morais wrote:
> > OK, I've asked this before, but maybe now is the right time:
> >
> > Let's move cupsdconf.pot, kdelibs.pot, libkscreensaver.pot, knotify.pot and
> > ppdtranslations.pot to a kdelibs directory; there are just too many files
> > at the base directory right now.
> >
> > And, to prevent something that happens during every freeze
> > ("There's untranslated/fuzzys on desktop.po" "Never mind, it's only
> > kdenonbeta") let's break desktop.po into smaller files one for each
> > package,
> > like kdelibs/desktop.po, kdebase/desktop.po, etc.
> >
> > What do you think?
> Patches welcome :)
>
> Greetings, Stephan

Could the desktop translations all be in respective applications. That way we
would see, what the context is. Sometimes you have to translate kdenonbeta stuff,
that will never be a part of distribution, and you don't have the slightest idea
what it means or does.

I'm sure this would mean better coordination for bigger translation teams, too
(not that much different translations for the same word/thing).

Eleknader, finnish translation team