List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Problems with some documents
From:       Lauri Watts <lauri () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-31 23:23:22

On Tuesday 31 July 2001 22:23, P. de Vicente wrote:
> El Mar 31 Jul 2001 19:12, Lauri Watts escribió:

> > This one is telling you that the translators name must be marked up, the
> > same as the other "othercredit" items:
> >
> > <othercredit role=\"translator\">
> > <firstname></firstname>
> > <surname></surname>
> > <contrib> Put here "translation", but translated into your own
> > language</contrib>
> > </othercredit>

>  I do not know if I follow you.  Are you saying that I have to leave empty
> the field in between the different begin/end items, except the one for
> <contrib></contrib> that I should fill with "Traductor" in between.?. By
> the way I have always wondered why we have both a ROLES_OF_TRANSLATORS and
> a CREDIT_FOR_TRANSLATORS line in the same PO files.

No, fill in the right names of the translator in the places, just like the
authors are done.

Erik just gave you a great example, which will save me typing it again.

The first is the formal credit, shown on the front page.  The
CREDIT_FOR_TRANSLATORS is just plain text, and goes into the "Credits and
Licenses" chapter at the end of each document.

Hope that clears it up some.

--
Lauri