List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: K-ARTIST:Re: K start menu icon ideas
From:       Thomas Diehl <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-28 8:04:49

Am Samstag, 28. Juli 2001 09:20 schrieb Klas Kalass:
> On Saturday, 28. July 2001 10:05, Torsten Rahn wrote:
> > http://master.kde.org/~tackat/gobutton.png
> >
> > The advantage of this pixmap is that:
> > - "Go!" takes less space than "Start"
> > - It preserves the branding of the KDE-logo.
> > - Due to the way the whole "Go!>" appears it's obvious that this
> > button does something special (compared to the other
> > icons/buttons).
>
> I quite liked the screenshot, but I think text is not necessary. Why
> don't we enlarge the Arrow to something like this:
>
> http://www.kalass.de/gobutton_klas.png

I'm against putting _any_ KDE text into bitmaps. What about
translations? What about users of non-latin alphabets? Hardcoding a
piece of untranslated English text (esp. in such a prominent place) is
totally out of the question from the outset I hope. And so far we don't
even have a satisfactory solution for the KHelpcenter header, AFAIK.

Regards,

Thomas

--
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org/