List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Compiling your own language
From:       Hasso Tepper <hasso () estpak ! ee>
Date:       2001-07-24 18:21:02

Erik K. Pedersen wrote:
> Since this might be of interest to others who want to compile only
> their own language, I will write how I finally succeeded with help
> from Thomas and Stephan
>
> cvs co -l kde-i18n
> cvs co kde-i18n/da
> cvs co kde-common
> cd kde-i18n
> ln -s ../kde-common/admin admin
> edit subdirs to remove all other languages
> make -f Makefile.cvs
> ./configure
> make
>
> and then of course make install
>
> without the editing of subdirs it did not work.

Better leave subdirs as it is, create file inst-apps in toplevel
kde-i18n directory and put there only your language directory name.
Should be similar effect as editing subdirs but you don't get cvs
conflicts when subdirs file changes and don't have a chance to commit
edited subdirs file :).

regards,

--
Hasso Tepper