List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: KIllustrator renamed
From:       Lauri Watts <lauri () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-16 21:53:22

On Monday 16 July 2001 23:09, Juraj Bednar wrote:
> Hello,

> I don't understand. If you change the doc with the script _AND_ all the
> translations, everything will be okay. Consider the doc saying
>
> KIllustrator documentation
>
> and
>
> msgid "KIllustrator documentation"
> msgstr "Dokumentacia k KIllustrator"
>
> all KIllustrators will be changed to Kontours in original and translated
> documents and everything will be okay. Or not?

But everything is already OK! The change has already been done!

If there are messages like the above, then they are wrong, because all the
strings in the documentation should be looking like this:

msgid "&killustrator; documentation"
msgstr "Dokumentacia k &killustrator;"

Think of the documentation entities as variables, and I've just changed the
value of the &killustrator; variable.

The only file that was changed, and indeed the only one that needs changing,
is in kdelibs/kdoctools/customization/entities/general.entities (so yes, you
will need to update this from cvs before you see the change take effect
locally.)

--
Lauri