List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Spelling and grammar corrections
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-25 15:57:22

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001 16:10:20 +0200, Lauri Watts wrote:

>On Monday 25 June 2001 15:00, Federico Cozzi wrote:
>
>> I suggest uppercase "MIME" as in filetypes.po (where it is explained that
>> "MIME" is an acronym that stands for...).
>>
>> Regarding "MIMEtype" vs. "MIME-type" vs. "MIME type", I think this should
>> be decided by a native English speaker (Malcolm :-)
>
>The first is ugly, the second, English doesn't use hyphens in this manner
>very often, so I guess that leaves the last.  It's my preference, at least.
>I agree that MIME being an acronym ought to be in upper case.

I'm certainly stating the obvious: there are quite a few acronyms which
are spelled totally inconsistent. People apparently can not even agree
on how to spell standard KDE apps (Kdm, KDM, kdm ...). I'd be glad if
the proof-reading team could change this situation some time.

Regards,

Thomas

---
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org/