List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Beta translations
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-15 7:34:20

Hi,

This is to remind everybody that the beta is about to start -- Waldo
wants me to send him the list of translations to be included on Monday
(June 18).

Thanks to the great work of our new proof-reading team it will probably
be difficult to base the list of languages on good percentage ratings
in the statistics page at http://i18n.kde.org/stats/gui/i18n-table-HEAD.html.
IOW: Even the figures of sure candidates for the release are looking
pretty bad there.

Besides, Ralf Nolden told me that there are still new strings coming up
for the Control Center. Then there's the stuff for the printing module
Stephan told us about. And finally we are still waiting for Torsten
Rahn to come up with a solution to make the headings "KDE Control
Center" and "KHelpcenter" translatable on the respective splash
screens.

At the moment, I would suggest about the same candidates we had in the
last alpha version (see below). Please everybody check if I forgot
anybody and tell as soon as possible in private mail.

I'm especially unsure about the status of Korean, Catalan, Lithuanian,
Polish and both Chinese versions this time. They were more or less
promised to be ready for the beta but, of course, I couldn't tell that
from the figures either. I'd ask the respective coordinators to contact
me on whether they'd like to have their translations included in the
beta or not. (If they want their work to be in the final release they
should probably include it.)

Regards,

Thomas

az