List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Spelling and grammar corrections
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2001-06-25 10:40:35

On Monday 25 June 2001 13:24, Malcolm Hunter wrote:

> > > Yes, when the text is referring to the name and not the executable
> > > (easier said than done). At some point I want to enforce other standards,
> > > such as e-mail / email, etc.
> >
> > Yes please! I suggest to consider acronyms too, eg:
> > POP, MIME, etc...
> > sometimes they are uppercase, sometimes lowercase.
>
> What about the example: Mimetype ? Should that be MIME type, MIME-type, other?

I don't have the answer to that, but I'd like to point out that in theory
Mimetype should only appear in kmail and knode. If you still find occurences
of Mimetype in Konqueror or in kdelibs, let me know. The user term is
"File type" (and refers to the translated name for it, like "Plain Text").
The exception is konqueror's listview columns called mimetype, which shows the
raw mimetype (text/plain).