List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    README [Re: doc compilation]
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-22 8:58:27

On Friday, 22. June 2001 10:16, Frikkie Thirion wrote:

> Good day,
>
> I've added 2 translated doc files to my teams cvs account in
> kde-i18n/af/messages/docs/kdeaddons, nameley: kicker-applets.po and
> kicker-applets_ktimemon.po.
>
> I've gathered that scripts on the cvs server will convert these po files
> into docbook format.  Will the results be available in
> af/docs/kdeaddons/kicker...?
>
> Someone mentioned that there will be a file added to the kde-i18n directory
> that could be used to check the doc.po files to make sure they're OK before
> committing to cvs.  Is that already in place?
It is.

If you have updated a messages/docs translation, go to the toplevel of
kde-i18n and call:
./update_xml af
This will check
1. if the english documentation is there. It has to be in ../kdeaddons/docs,
   so you need to have checked out the english documentation that you
   translate.
   This is suggested anyway, so no suprise.
2. if the po file is translated completely: no fuzzy, no untranslated.
   (this isn't true for your af files, btw)

then it will create a translated XML file in the right place. It will also
add a Makefile.am, so you can commit that with the index.docbook.
If this Makefile.am is new you need to call Makefile.cvs again (you might
want to create a file named inst-apps with only "af" in it to shorten that
process)

Then you can go to af/docs and run make. This should call meinproc on the
created XML. But this requires a quite recent CVS of kdelibs to really check
that.

One thing I know for sure doesn't work is the translation of
ROLES_OF_TRANSLATORS. Here you have to add a <othercredit
role="translator"....  Check a random german or french translation file
for details.

BTW: af is yet no supported language. You first need to translate some more
files to start with poxml. Start with the docbook XSL and pick a language at
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/docbook/gentext/locale/
and change it to fit Afrikaans. We need first to get it into the docbook XSL
distribution.

IMPORTANT: The above is true for every new language! Currently without
docbook translation are:
+af
+az
+bg
+br
+bs
+cy
+eo
+eu
+ga
+gl
+he
+hr
+is
+lt
+lv
+mi
+mk
+mt
+no_NY
+oc
+ta
+th
+tr
+uk
+wa

Please contribute.

Greetings, Stephan

--
People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.