List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Upcoming 2.2 release schedule, bickering and bugs
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-06-22 5:45:01

On Thursday 21 June 2001 10:04 pm, Thomas Diehl wrote:
> (From the translators perspective, I wouldn't care whether this "more
> time" would come from a second (or third) beta period. Personally, I
> think the "one beta only" approach on the release plan is fundamentally
> wrong anyway.)

If you take alpha's and betas together we are about to have 3 pre-releases
before the final 2.2. I believe that we did the same for KDE 2.1 with the
only difference that the 2.1-beta1 was called beta1 instead of alpha2.

But we aren't there yet, so we will see how many betas it is going to take
this time.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
As a first step to embrace the GPL,
Microsoft now too has added ideological statements to its EULA.