On Wednesday 23 May 2001 13:23, Stephan Kulow wrote: > On Tuesday, 22. May 2001 21:18, Andreas Beckermann wrote: > > On Tuesday 22 May 2001 15:58, Wolfram Diestel wrote: > > > In libkdegames.po there are a lot of personal names of KDE > > > developers. > > > > > > Aleksey, Alex, Alessandro, Alexander, Alexei ... > > > > > > Why to translate them? If we should translate them, I would expect > > > only one english form like Aleksey and translate it to it's national > > > form, e.g. Alessandro. > > > > Yes - it's a list of as many names as possible (for using as random names > > inside KDE). I used kde-comman/accounts as this is the biggest list I > > could find :-) > > I agree most shouldn't be translated. > > But there are a lot of languages (I guess - think of chinese or so) where > > it is necessary to have the possibility to translate them. > > > > BTW: I'm not subscribed to kde-i18n-doc so please CC me when replying. > > I think doing it this way is wrong. Use something like > i18n("Alex:Thomas:Walter") <-- english names only and le t the translators > pick a list of usual names for that language > > Greetings, Stephan Feel free to change it to whatever you feel is correct. CU Andi