List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    i18n, l10n stuff
From:       Andrea Rizzi <rizzi () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-15 16:57:42

Hi all,
there are a lot of thing that could be localized and that actually we do not
localize. The first thing I think to are icons but there are other.
I think it could be nice if we can install a l10n/i18n package in user
directory ($HOME/.kde) if the user ask for it (e.g. using kcmlocale)
We may create a i18n/l10n "theme" that install additional localized stuff.
This may include:
-i18n icons installed as a icon theme
-konqueror l10n shortcuts (may be shortcut to national TeleText gateways..)
-"Per country" bookmarks (i.e. bookmarks to linux/unix/kde related stuff not
  in english)
-Knewsticker link to news in national language
-other stuff (link to nearest mirror of ftp.kde.org)

This must be an optional thing, may be many user do not want additional
bookmarks or i18n icons but they still want application messages translated.

What do you think ?

Bye
Andrea
--
Registered Linux User No.71426  |     ***  KDE Project  ***
        Andrea Rizzi            |  http://www.kde.org/