List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: AW: New dates format in doc
From:       Eric Bischoff <e.bischoff () noos ! fr>
Date:       2001-04-30 15:15:18

Le Monday 30 April 2001 16:58, Zumstein, Gregor a écrit :
> Is there a possibility to convert the date into a "native" format while
> translating docbook/xml to html?

I think so.

We already discussed this on kde-docbook mailing list. If I remember well, we
didn't do it yet because of the lack of a "clean" solution (it would be
better if the date were in some attribute, not in the contents of the tag,
and we don't really have such an attribute available for this).

> Sure, I can read the suggested format (and even write), but I would never
> do that out of free will. I think this should also be part of translation
> and i18n of the docs.

Yes, it should definitely be done by the style sheets. A transformation like

	XML:  <date value="2001-12-31" />
	HTML: Lundi, le 31 décembre 2001

for the French people, and similar transformations for the other languages.