List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    RE: Bug Report or Bugreport
From:       "Thomas Diehl" <thd () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-04-30 12:23:46

On Mon, 30 Apr 2001 13:06:32 +0100, HUNTER-MALCOLM wrote:

>I've come across a few instances where 2 words have been pressed together
>like this:
>
>bug report / bugreport
>title bar / titlebar
>status bar / statusbar
>tool bar / toolbar
>
>My preference would be bug report, title bar, status bar, toolbar. What do
>others think?

This is up to the native speakers to decide I guess. I know, however,
that esp. German developers/writers are very prone to this kind of
error. German is notorious for its compounds (one of my favorites is
"Zeichenkettenersetzungswoerterbuch" for "string translation
dictonary").

How about creating an extra list for style, grammar, and spelling
issues? I think we'd need a team of native speakers and interested
people who concentrate on these issues, do the proofreading of GUI and
doc files and who enforce consistency.

Regards,

Thomas

---