List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re:questions (Fwd: Font Installer KControl Module)
From:       Marko_Rosiæ <roske () mainstream ! co ! yu>
Date:       2001-04-28 18:27:25

Today Andrea Rizzi wrote:

> Previously I wrote a program called KFontinst to do this -
> and I plan to reuse the majority of the code from this -
> however, I've also started work on a completely new GUI
> for it (which would become the basis of the KControl module).
> This new GUI is based on some Adobe Type Manager screenshots
> that were emailed to me.

ATM 4.0 Deluxe is such a good and useful program, that Linux definitly
needs. Or some similar :)

o It supports gruping fonts (not phisicaly but visualy) into "folders". So
  you can have Folder for Serif, Sans-serif, Cyrillic, Latin2 fonts etc.
o You can dinamicly activate/deactivate any single font or font group, so
  if you have 1001 fonts installed, you don't need to have all of them
  activated, but if you need ITC Stone... in some particular moment, you
  click the checbox and it apears in your favorite app.
o It supports font masters and making font variations Condensed, Extra
  Condesed etc.
o And finaly it makes Type 1 fonts antialiased on Winbox :)

So it is much more than program for installing fonts. For that purposes
Windows like intarface is enough.

What I would like to see in some program is a way to view and print many
or all font samples in one place, screen, paper... so I could choose a
best looking one for some purpose.

--
That my ship was below them...